6/6 I think. Probably the easiest 6 pack I can remember.
1. From 2005 to 2012, Helena Bonham Carter and Johnny Depp both appeared in five different films directed by whom?
Correct Answer: TIM BURTON
Your Answer: Tim Burton
Points Assigned: 0
Correct Answer: TIM BURTON
Your Answer: Tim Burton
Points Assigned: 0
Easy film question. I think I have seen them all.
2. What eight-letter architectural term refers to the triangular section at the top front of a building (and not at the foot, despite the name)?
Correct Answer: PEDIMENT
Your Answer: Pediment
Points Assigned: 3
2. What eight-letter architectural term refers to the triangular section at the top front of a building (and not at the foot, despite the name)?
Correct Answer: PEDIMENT
Your Answer: Pediment
Points Assigned: 3
Probably the hardest question of the bunch. I took architecture history classes in college.
3. Which Athenian lawgiver of the 7th century BCE gave his name to an adjective for any rigorous or cruel law?
Correct Answer: DRACO
Your Answer: Draco
Points Assigned: 2
3. Which Athenian lawgiver of the 7th century BCE gave his name to an adjective for any rigorous or cruel law?
Correct Answer: DRACO
Your Answer: Draco
Points Assigned: 2
Draconian was the first thing to come to mind.
4. Poverty, Disgrace, Fame, Idleness, Cupid, Ruin, and Politics were some of the spaces in the early version of what game, invented by board game pioneer Milton Bradley himself in 1860?
Correct Answer: (THE CHECKERED GAME OF) LIFE
Your Answer: The Game of Life
Points Assigned: 1
4. Poverty, Disgrace, Fame, Idleness, Cupid, Ruin, and Politics were some of the spaces in the early version of what game, invented by board game pioneer Milton Bradley himself in 1860?
Correct Answer: (THE CHECKERED GAME OF) LIFE
Your Answer: The Game of Life
Points Assigned: 1
I think my answer will count.
5. In May 2025, pro-EU candidate Nicușor Dan defeated nationalist George Simion to become president of what country, after the Constitutional Court annulled the first-round vote in December 2024 over suspected Russian interference.
Correct Answer: ROMANIA
Your Answer: Romania
Points Assigned: 2
I was in Romania last summer and have followed this election. One of the few places where right wing nationlism was somehow defeated.
6. A celebrated example of communication in animals was investigated by 20th c. Austrian zoologist Karl von Frisch, who discovered coded information conveyed via a "dance" performed by what animals?
Correct Answer: BEES
Your Answer: Bees
Points Assigned: 1
5. In May 2025, pro-EU candidate Nicușor Dan defeated nationalist George Simion to become president of what country, after the Constitutional Court annulled the first-round vote in December 2024 over suspected Russian interference.
Correct Answer: ROMANIA
Your Answer: Romania
Points Assigned: 2
I was in Romania last summer and have followed this election. One of the few places where right wing nationlism was somehow defeated.
6. A celebrated example of communication in animals was investigated by 20th c. Austrian zoologist Karl von Frisch, who discovered coded information conveyed via a "dance" performed by what animals?
Correct Answer: BEES
Your Answer: Bees
Points Assigned: 1
When I think of dancing animals, I think of bees.
No comments:
Post a Comment