3/6
1. What word did Edward Lear coin in an 1870 poem to describe the spoon the Owl and the Pussycat used to dine on mince and slices of quince?
Correct Answer: RUNCIBLE
Your Answer: fine
Points Assigned: 2
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 2
I had absolutely no idea.
2. All four songs by the band Air Supply to peak in the top three of the Billboard Hot 100 chart have included what word in their titles?
Correct Answer: LOVE
Your Answer: love
Points Assigned: 1
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 1
2. All four songs by the band Air Supply to peak in the top three of the Billboard Hot 100 chart have included what word in their titles?
Correct Answer: LOVE
Your Answer: love
Points Assigned: 1
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 1
All out of Love was only sing I could come up with so I guessed love.
3. CH<SUB>2</SUB>O<SUB>2</SUB>, which is the simplest organic compound with a carboxyl group (COOH) and is present in the stings of some bees, stinging nettles, and ants, is commonly known by what name?
Correct Answer: FORMIC ACID/METHANOIC ACID
Your Answer: Carbonic Acid
Points Assigned: 2
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 3
3. CH<SUB>2</SUB>O<SUB>2</SUB>, which is the simplest organic compound with a carboxyl group (COOH) and is present in the stings of some bees, stinging nettles, and ants, is commonly known by what name?
Correct Answer: FORMIC ACID/METHANOIC ACID
Your Answer: Carbonic Acid
Points Assigned: 2
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 3
I had no idea. Figured it was some kind of acid.
4. Ahmed Shah Massoud, who was assassinated two days before the attacks of September 11, 2001, was a military and political commander of the United Islamic Front for the Salvation of Afghanistan, an anti-Taliban association better known by what name?
Correct Answer: NORTHERN ALLIANCE
Your Answer: UISFSA
Points Assigned: 3
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 2
4. Ahmed Shah Massoud, who was assassinated two days before the attacks of September 11, 2001, was a military and political commander of the United Islamic Front for the Salvation of Afghanistan, an anti-Taliban association better known by what name?
Correct Answer: NORTHERN ALLIANCE
Your Answer: UISFSA
Points Assigned: 3
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 2
This was very gettable. I did not think long enough on this as I am buried in work.
5. What 1997 film, featuring the actors who starred in the TV series Kenan & Kel, was based on a recurring skit from the Nickelodeon variety show All That?
Correct Answer: GOOD BURGER
Your Answer: Goodburger
Points Assigned: 0
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 0
5. What 1997 film, featuring the actors who starred in the TV series Kenan & Kel, was based on a recurring skit from the Nickelodeon variety show All That?
Correct Answer: GOOD BURGER
Your Answer: Goodburger
Points Assigned: 0
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 0
Gimmish I think.
6. Stipulating that Armenia is in Asia, there are currently two European countries that share a land border and also begin with the same letter (in English). What are those two countries?
Correct Answer: LATVIA, LITHUANIA
Your Answer: Latvia and Lithuania
Points Assigned: 1
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 1
6. Stipulating that Armenia is in Asia, there are currently two European countries that share a land border and also begin with the same letter (in English). What are those two countries?
Correct Answer: LATVIA, LITHUANIA
Your Answer: Latvia and Lithuania
Points Assigned: 1
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 1
I went through Europe from West to East so it took me longer than it should have. My company runs a trip to the Baltics that I might go on next summer. I've been to Estonia, but not Latvia and Lithuania.
No comments:
Post a Comment