Friday, August 30, 2019

Brian I Day 3 vs FriedlandMJ

4/6.  I'm all out of love for the Mets and ready to have sweet dreams about the Jets.  Ben, isn't Air Supply from your neck of the woods?  Olivia Newton John and Colin Hay are going to be very upset with you.

1) splendiferous.  No chance. 2/0

2) love.  I own the cassette and the CD of Air Supply's Greatest Hits.  Had a little scare as my favorite is Sweet Dreams and thought that had to be one of their four biggest hits, but the answer was obvious with All Out of Love, Making Love Out of Nothing At All, The One That You Love, and Lost in Love. (I'll stop showing off now.)  2/1

3) formic acid.  An educated guess based on the inclusion of ants, which are either named after formic acid or vice versa. Never knew it was associated with other insects, but makes sense.  1/2

4) ISIS. knew it was wrong, but forgot about them.  1/2

5) Good Burger. A random memory that stuck with me, was not at all confident when I submitted.  3/3

6) Latvia, Lithuania.  The first two that I thought of.  Interestingly, a podcast I just listened to asked a question about a European country and the answer was Armenia, and the contestants were very unhappy as Armenia is in Asia, but the host insisted that since Armenia is considered part of Europe politically, the question was phrased correctly.  I wonder if Thorsten heard this and refined his question. 0/1

No comments:

Post a Comment