Thursday, August 24, 2017

IngramB2 Day 2

Greetings from Rundle R.  After embarrassing myself, my family, and my sponsor Ben yesterday by brainfarting an easy Doctor J question, I redeemed myself by getting...2/6?  I'll take it.

1)while I never heard of the potato version, meat Kreplach were a childhood staple.  D2

2) the clue heroine, heroine led me to put Mary, Mary (why you buggin?) as a placeholder. The only spoof  I knew of was Soap which was a primetime show which ran for several seasons, ruling it out.  I answered (incorrectly) the last four questions, then came back to this and redeemed my Dr J flub as 'Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman' suddenly popped into my head.  Never knew what the show was, but the name was somewhere within my meninges.  D2

3) based on the years and location, I went for a confederate leader. Lee, of course!  Then I overthought it thinking I had recency bias, and changed it to Davis.  Oh well. D1

4) no idea what vexillogically meant, despite many episodes of Fun with Flags, but decided to go Russian with 'and' being the middle word. War and Peace, of course. D1

5) my familiarity with kreplach is strongly associated with a lack of familiarity of Christian denominations,and I went with Falwell's Liberty. But I assumed others would know this.  D0

6) no idea, but thought encephalitis was a swelling of the brain or fluids surrounding, so I made up the term 'encephalates'. D3

No comments:

Post a Comment