4/6 on a day that was well-suited to my strengths (and on which I got a bit of luck).
1. Russia, D1. Same logic as everyone else, but I seem to have guessed luckier than some. I just figured communism and civil war (Russia) would be even worse for an artistic movement than losing a war (Germany).
2. Mayfair, D1. Ugh. I feel like I should have gotten this. I just picked a neighborhood close to Buckingham Palace.
3. Tom, D2. Had no idea at all.
4. Deserts, D2. I knew the first two were deserts and figured the rest could be, too.
5. Hectare, D0. Didn't realize this was metric, but I knew the approximate conversion.
6. Yellow Dog, D3. I knew this (I am an economist, after all), but I think this is hardly a household term and is, in fact, very hard. I struggled on whether to give this a D3 or not but ultimately decided to do so.
No comments:
Post a Comment