Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Ben Day 6

A hugely disappointing 2/6 on a day where I could have gone 5.

1 :) Cribbage. I've played plenty. One for his nob.
2 :( I can't believe I got this wrong. For some reason I thought it was Jordan driving. I've clearly crossed my mental wires on Daisy and Jordan. Studied this book in high school. Unacceptable miss.
3 :( I can't believe I got this wrong. I really couldn't work out what he was asking for. I put rhombus which of course is a stupid answer, given I grew up using the word trapezium.
4 :( I wrote HMAS Pinafore, after going the wrong way on a 50/50 with Penzance. This is bad luck as opposed to my abject stupidity of questions 2 & 3.
5 :( I only wrote exchequer
6 :) Opium. I figured this was the opium wars, though I don't know much about them other than that there were opium wars. I watched an art-house film about the opium wars when I was 16 before sneaking into my first strip club with two friends from high school. The movie was not the defining memory from that evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment