Tuesday, December 10, 2024

Brian Day 18 vs Seif (LLL)

 4/6

1) Red Cross 3/2  Esperanto never crossed my mind.  I knew the italicized words were a clue but couldn't decipher it.  A lot easier than i thought

2) Capacitance 0/2  physics gimme, i think capacity will be the MCW

3) Merkel 2/1  If there weren't a Patriots question, I'd have given Dave a zero here

4) Rans 2/0  On first read, I thought this was asking for the team who defeated the Pats twice, and didn't know why he said the location was not required.  Once I had my coffee, it made sense

5) Utopia 1/1  Well that's unfortunate

6) De Niro, Pesci 1/3  Irishman = De Niro and Scorcese; 1990 & 1995 = Goodfellas and Casino.  I'm a little worried the Goodfellas question from pub trivia last night will still be on Dave's mind.  

Congrats Dave!!!  A crushing 8(5)-4(4) defeat for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment