Friday, December 6, 2024

Brian Day 16

 If you stop reading after the first three letters of the answer to the last question, i have a six pack.  But I'm pretty happy with a 5.   And I did get credit for Hokkaidu yesterday, which got me a tie on defense, which was nice.

1) showrunner 0/0   I'm going to take this opportunity to highly recommend to the four of you that you watch Shrinking, on Apple TV.  While my friend Neil Goldman is not the showrunner, he is an executive producer and lead writer.  

2) Temu 1/2  Never heard of it until the Super Bowl commercial, now I can't avoid its ads online

3) Marathon 2/2   Was annoyed we were getting two ancient history questions in the same week that I had no idea about, until I clued in on the "roughly 25 miles" hint.  

4) Kung Fu Panda 1/1  Never seen the movies, but seemed like a good guess, and Pablo Sandoval was on my fantasy baseball team for a few years

5) The Gambia 2/1  Gimme, if you drilled  yourself on Name that Country-Africa  on Sporcle when you first joined Learned League

6) Poutine 3/3  Is this KFC?  So frustrating.  I actually noted how PFK reminded me of KFC, and didn't pursue it any further.  Wonder if fellow French student Seif puzzled this one out. (Felicitations, Dave!)


No comments:

Post a Comment