Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Jesse day 12

4/6

1. In 1985, former University of Kansas star Lynette Woodard became the first woman to join what team as an official member?
Correct Answer: HARLEM GLOBETROTTERS
Your Answer: Harlem Globetrotters
Points Assigned: 1

I couldn't think of another answer so was pretty sure I was right.

2. Melting butter in hot water, adding flour, cooking that mixture until smooth, beating in eggs one by one, and piping through a forcing bag—this is a method for preparing what type of pastry, used for making éclairs, beignets, churros, and French crullers?
Correct Answer: CHOUX
Your Answer: Puff
Points Assigned: 3

Darn. Paul Hollywood would be ashamed of me. 

3. Vesta is the brightest (from the Earth's perspective) and Ceres—at least until its formal reclassification in 2006—was the largest of the celestial bodies that are known as what?
Correct Answer: ASTEROIDS
Your Answer: Asteroids
Points Assigned: 2

I think the reclassification in 2006 was about Pluto, planetoids and asteroids. I almost put down planetoids but decided asteroids was a better answer. 

4. Pisa, Lucca, Arezzo, Livorno, and Siena are among the provinces in what Italian region, which also includes the city of Florence?
Correct Answer: TUSCANY
Your Answer: Tuscany
Points Assigned: 0

Been there. 

5. What is the name of the painting technique, similar (and related) to divisionism, which is closely associated with the French post-impressionist Georges Seurat, and perhaps most closely associated with his A Sunday Afternoon on the Island of La Grande Jatte?
Correct Answer: POINTILLISM
Your Answer: Pointtilism
Points Assigned: 1

The closest thing to an art gimmie. 

6. The symbol pictured here is used in the field of geometry specifically to denote that two items—such as line segments, circles, triangles, or angles—are what? LINK: http://www.learnedleague.com/images/art/35089cty49t5.jpg
Correct Answer: CONGRUENT
Your Answer: Almost equal
Points Assigned: 2

I am bad at math. 

No comments:

Post a Comment