Wednesday, August 28, 2024

David S. Day 3 vs. Marcus (LLL)

Solid 5/6. Although defense against me should be easy, I think I have a good chance against Marcus today with the great American college sports question. 

  1. Complex :), D10. Gimme for me, and gimme for Marcus, too, I’m sure. Second time this word has appeared in an answer this season!
  2. Portmanteau :), D21. This question may favor LL veterans more than any other I’ve seen. This word appears in Thorsten’s questions about once every two or three seasons. Without it being top of mind, I’m skeptical I would have gotten it. As it was, it popped into my head right away. 
  3. Birds :), D12. Only one I knew was Saved by the Bell, but that was enough. 
  4. Army :), D03. I spent some time thinking  what the trick was on this question. Eventually it popped into my head, and it was clear what all three of the others were. Hoping this completely stumps one Welshman. 
  5. Train :), D31. Gare means train station in French. That was my only in. 
  6. Brooks :(, D22. Haven’t even heard of the right answer. No chance at all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment