Thursday, May 28, 2026

David S Day 8

 5/6 today. 

  1. Microwave oven :), D32. Fairly famous (though perhaps untrue) story. Also guessable given the time period. 
  2. Canada Day :), D11. Lots of ways to get this as long as you know that there is such a thing as Canada Day. 
  3. FTX :), D20. Gimme. 
  4. Deus ex machina :(, D03. I recognize the answer now that I see it, but I was never going to come up with it. 
  5. Philippines :), D11. The timing and former colony clues made this pretty clear. Marcus, I actually never considered Hawaii, and I think referring to it as a “colony” would not have really been the right term. 
  6. Mozart :), D22. Had no idea, but how many famous 18th century Austrians are there? Only two really famous ones in my book, and the other was an answer a few days ago. 

No comments:

Post a Comment