Monday, February 27, 2017

Jesse Day 5

4/6

1. As of 2015, in both Canada and the United States, Golden Color/Delicate Taste, Amber Color/Rich Taste, Dark Color/Robust Flavor, and Very Dark/Strong Flavor are classifications, all categorized within Grade A, for what food product?

Correct Answer: MAPLE SYRUP
Your Answer: Maple Syrup
Points Assigned: 0

Seems pretty easy with Canada being involved. 

2. "Jesus of Nazareth, the King of the Jews." This is an English translation of an expression that is regularly represented by what initialism?
Correct Answer: INRI
Your Answer: INRI
Points Assigned: 1

This was guess, but it was the only Christian initial thing I could think of. 

3. Sakartvelo is the official native name for the mountainous Transcaucasian nation that is known in the West as what?
Correct Answer: GEORGIA
Your Answer: Georgia
Points Assigned: 3

This was also a guess. I am actually going to Georgia and Armenia this summer. There are oinly a few a countires in the Caucaus mountains. Sakartvelo reminded me of former president Saakashvili so I went with Georgia.

4. The force produced on an object moving in a north-south line on the Earth's surface, due to the angular velocity of the Earth as it rotates from west to east, is known as what? Due to the Earth's relatively slow rate of rotation, this force mainly affects the flow of air in the atmosphere.
Correct Answer: CORIOLIS FORCE
Your Answer: Cintripital
Points Assigned: 2

Damn, I could not think of the word. 

5. A mythical and mysterious village in the Scottish Highlands, invisible to the outside world save for one enchanted day every hundred years, provides the setting (and the title) for what popular 1947 Lerner and Loewe musical?
Correct Answer: BRIGADOON
Your Answer: Camelot
Points Assigned: 2

Not a musical theater kind of guy. 

6. Fabiana Luperini, Chris Froome, Jeannie Longo, Bradley Wiggins, Nicole Cooke, Fabian Cancellara, and Marianne Vos are all athletes who have achieved success in what sport?
Correct Answer: CYCLING
Your Answer: Cycling
Points Assigned: 1

I watched Fabian Cancellera unexpectedly win a gold in Rio. I also am familiar with Chris Froome. Did Marrianne Vos have that big accident in Rio? 

No comments:

Post a Comment