5/6
Correct Answer: R. BUCKMINSTER FULLER
Your Answer: Fuller
Points Assigned: 2
I was 90% sure this was Fuller.
2. In 1971, the International Court of Justice at The Hague ruled that the continued occupation of Namibia by its neighbor was illegal, and that same year the United Nations recognized a nationalist group and "People's Organization" known as SWAPO as the legitimate representative of the people of Namibia. What do the first three letters in "SWAPO" stand for?
Correct Answer: SOUTH WEST AFRICA
Your Answer: South West Africa
Points Assigned: 2
2. In 1971, the International Court of Justice at The Hague ruled that the continued occupation of Namibia by its neighbor was illegal, and that same year the United Nations recognized a nationalist group and "People's Organization" known as SWAPO as the legitimate representative of the people of Namibia. What do the first three letters in "SWAPO" stand for?
Correct Answer: SOUTH WEST AFRICA
Your Answer: South West Africa
Points Assigned: 2
Considered South Western Arica. I briefly went to Namibia when I was on a river safari on Botswana's side of the Linyanti river. We parked our boat on the Namibian side of the river and got a beer in a little hut.
3. The time standard by which clocks are regulated globally, a replacement for and essentially an equivalent of GMT (Greenwich Mean Time), is officially abbreviated "UTC" (a compromise used in all languages). In English, the T stands for Time, and the C and U stand for what other two words?
Correct Answer: COORDINATED UNIVERSAL
Your Answer: Convention Universal
Points Assigned: 3
I had a feeling I was wrong. I should know this.
4. What Austria-based company owns the reigning Formula One World Constructor Champion racing team, with drivers Max Verstappen (the 2022 World Drivers' Champion) and Sergio Pérez (the third-place finisher in the World Drivers' Championship in 2022)?
Correct Answer: RED BULL
Your Answer: Red Bull
Points Assigned: 1
4. What Austria-based company owns the reigning Formula One World Constructor Champion racing team, with drivers Max Verstappen (the 2022 World Drivers' Champion) and Sergio Pérez (the third-place finisher in the World Drivers' Championship in 2022)?
Correct Answer: RED BULL
Your Answer: Red Bull
Points Assigned: 1
I watched the first season of the Netflix show, so knew there was a Red Bull Team and I know Red Bull is Austrian.
5. What city in the heart of France's Burgundy region is regarded as the mustard capital of the world, with a namesake recipe that dates to the 14th century?
Correct Answer: DIJON
Your Answer: Dijon
Points Assigned: 0
5. What city in the heart of France's Burgundy region is regarded as the mustard capital of the world, with a namesake recipe that dates to the 14th century?
Correct Answer: DIJON
Your Answer: Dijon
Points Assigned: 0
Feels like a gimmie.
6. "I'm laughin' at clouds so dark up above / the sun's in my heart and I'm ready for love." These lines, which first appeared in The Hollywood Revue of 1929 and were further popularized 23 years later, are from what song?
Correct Answer: SINGIN' IN THE RAIN
Your Answer: Singing In The Rain
Points Assigned: 1
6. "I'm laughin' at clouds so dark up above / the sun's in my heart and I'm ready for love." These lines, which first appeared in The Hollywood Revue of 1929 and were further popularized 23 years later, are from what song?
Correct Answer: SINGIN' IN THE RAIN
Your Answer: Singing In The Rain
Points Assigned: 1
I knew the song.
No comments:
Post a Comment