Monday, October 3, 2022

Jesse day 25

2/6. Have a great off-season!

1. A 10-dollar note used in the 19th century by a bank in New Orleans's French Quarter is considered a possible source for what geographical name?
Correct Answer: DIXIE
Your Answer: Big Easy
Points Assigned: 2

Oh, that is interesting.

2. The song "Love and Marriage" was first introduced in a 1955 television production of what 1938 play? This TV production starred Frank Sinatra as the Stage Manager, Eva Marie Saint as Emily, and Paul Newman as George.
Correct Answer: OUR TOWN
Your Answer: Death of a Salesman
Points Assigned: 3

Nope

3. Owing to the fact that it can create sparks when struck against a metal, the chemical substance FeS<SUB>2</SUB> is sometimes known by what name?
Correct Answer: PYRITE
Your Answer: Flint
Points Assigned: 1

Oh, yeah.

4. The fictional tire brand used by the protagonist of the movie Cars (voiced by Owen Wilson) has the name of what other Pixar character?
Correct Answer: (BUZZ) LIGHTYEAR
Your Answer: Lightyear
Points Assigned: 1

I went through movies and figured out the Goodyear-Lightyear connection. 

5. Castello, Cheshire, Cashel, Devon, Maytag, Shropshire: these names all become names of cheeses when accompanied by what other word?
Correct Answer: BLUE
Your Answer: Blue
Points Assigned: 0

I knew of Devon Blue.

6. What is the metaphorical title character of the 1983 Maya Angelou poem who "sings with a fearful trill of things unknown but longed for still"?
Correct Answer: CAGED BIRD
Your Answer: Phil
Points Assigned: 2

I just assumed I wasn't going to get this so went with the rhyme. This feels so gettable if I had just thought a bit harder. 

No comments:

Post a Comment