Thursday, June 1, 2017

Jesse Day 13

Yikes. 1/6

1. "Till earth and heaven ring" is the second line of a famous poem by James Weldon Johnson that, once it was set to music, was adopted as the official song of the NAACP and is widely considered the "Black National Anthem." What is the poem's first line, which also serves as its title?
Correct Answer: LIFT EVERY VOICE AND SING
Your Answer: Lift up thee voices and sing
Points Assigned: 3

I was onto the right track just based on rhyming the word ring.

2. Cape Spear, the easternmost point in Canada, is located on the Avalon Peninsula of what large island?
Correct Answer: NEWFOUNDLAND
Your Answer: Newfoundland
Points Assigned: 1

Geography gimmie

3. The alleged "corrupt bargain" of 1824-1825 resulted in the election of John Quincy Adams as U.S. President by the House of Representatives and the appointment of what House speaker and Kentuckian as secretary of state?
Correct Answer: HENRY CLAY
Your Answer: Jackson
Points Assigned: 1

Damn, I thought I was right here.

4. In 1978, the 2.4-mile Waikiki Rough Water Swim, the 115-mile Around Oahu Bike Race, and the 26.2-mile Honolulu Marathon were combined to establish a new competition that introduced what novel two-word term?
Correct Answer: IRONMAN TRIATHLON
Your Answer: Iron Man
Points Assigned: 0

I am pretty sure I won't get credit for this. 

5. What surname goes in the blank in this otherwise complete and alphabetical (but not chronological) list: Archer, ________, Kirk, Picard, Sisko.
Correct Answer: JANEWAY
Your Answer: Beauregard
Points Assigned: 2

Nope. I only knew Picard and Kirk. 

6. The Obie Awards, which honor theatre produced Off-Broadway and Off-Off-Broadway, are presented annually by the American Theatre Wing and what New York weekly publication, which originated the awards in 1955?
Correct Answer: THE VILLAGE VOICE
Your Answer: Playbill
Points Assigned: 2

Ah, very gettable. 


--------------------------------------------------------------

photoJesse Weisz
Executive DirectorGEEO Teacher Travel Programs

No comments:

Post a Comment