Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Jesse LL70 Day 4

Hello All! Let's see if this works. 3/6 today for me. 


1. "How Ya Like Me Now," the title track from his 1987 album, was one of a number of diss tracks this artist directed during his career toward his rival, LL Cool J. Who is this artist, born Mohandas Dewese in NYC in 1962?
Correct Answer: KOOL MOE DEE
Your Answer: Ice Cube
Points Assigned: 1

I had no idea, but figured it was another ice/cold related rapper. Went with the wrong one. 

2. Before his trial (and conviction and execution) for high treason in 1649, Charles I was imprisoned in Carisbrooke Castle, near the town of Newport on what English island?
Correct Answer: ISLE OF WIGHT
Your Answer: Isle of Wight
Points Assigned: 2

This was the only island I could think and I only know of it because of the famous music festival. I had no idea about the historical tie. 

3. What is the name of the character in this image? LINK: http://www.learnedleague.com/images/art/4997vb87b58857btbt9.jpg
Correct Answer: ODIE
Your Answer: Odie
Points Assigned: 0

I think I would have known this anyway, but after hearing the Garfield Monstrosity multiple times, it was unmissable for me. For your enjoyment: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PExKw38rntw

4. What is the name used for the fractional 1/100th subunit of the Mexican peso, Brazilian real, and other currencies of Latin America?
Correct Answer: CENTAVO
Your Answer: Bolivar
Points Assigned: 2

I knew Bolivar was wrong, but didn't know what was right. 

5. What geologic term, from German and first used to describe deposits along the Rhine River valley, refers to fine-grained silt-sized sediment believed to have been formed by the grinding of glaciers and deposited by the wind?
Correct Answer: LOESS
Your Answer: Shizer hozen
Points Assigned: 3

I have heard of Loess but could not recall it.  

6. "The sun burned in the reservation sky like a fever dream animal." This line is from the short story "In the Belly of the Death Mother" by Native American writer Craig Kee Strete. Four of the words in the passage are identical to the names of four teams in what professional sports league?
Correct Answer: WNBA
Your Answer: WNBA
Points Assigned: 1


Good question, but pretty easy for someone that is forced to watch WNBA commercials during the NBA finals. 

No comments:

Post a Comment