Monday, March 27, 2017

Jesse day 25

3, maybe 4 right. 

1. What characters are the official mascot of the animation film production company Illumination Entertainment, which released the hit 2016 films Sing and The Secret Life of Pets?
Correct Answer: MINIONS
Your Answer: The California Raisens
Points Assigned: 1

I had idea.

2. In American football, the referee presses his or her palms together above the head, pointed straight up, to signal what play?
Correct Answer: SAFETY
Your Answer: Safety
Points Assigned: 2

I watch enough football that I knew this one.

3. What is the geographical term for two places on the surface of the globe which are diametrically opposite to each other? Example pairs include the North and South Pole; Madrid, Spain and Weber, New Zealand; and the French commune of Gatteville-le-Phare and an uninhabited subantarctic island group that has this term as its name.
Correct Answer: ANTIPODES
Your Answer: Antipodes
Points Assigned: 1

Earth sandwich.

4. A particular device used to measure the diameter or thickness of an object has a name which is also used for the part of a disc brake assembly that presses the brake pad against the disc. What is that term?
Correct Answer: CALIPER
Your Answer: Caliper
Points Assigned: 0

My first though was caliper and I remembered them being a car part.

5. A work by John Webster, an English dramatist of the Elizabethan and Jacobean eras, deals affectingly and tragically with a disastrous marriage between the titular noblewoman and a commoner. This play, per its title, is set in the court of what duchy on the Italian peninsula?
Correct Answer: MALFI (AMALFI)
Your Answer: Verona
Points Assigned: 3

I have been to Amalfi, but never heard of that book.

6. A dish created by Auguste Escoffier in 1892, that today can consist of poached peach halves placed on a bed of vanilla ice cream and coated with raspberry purée, was named after what Australian soprano?
Correct Answer: DAME NELLIE MELBA
Your Answer: Peach Melba
Points Assigned: 2

Fudge, didn't read the question thoroughly. Not sure if I get credit for this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment